good200 is a complete immersion into the practice of Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga, one of the most ancient systems of philosophy still practiced today.
Empowered by good200’s disciplined, holistic approach, your asana practice is stronger and freer. Immersed in 5,000 years of relevant, practical, applicable wisdom, your mind is calmer and more focused. Encouraged to think critically and challenge your perception, you are more confident, both in headstand and life in general.
The g200 program is well-rounded and balanced look at all angles of the world of yoga from anatomy to philosophy. Flannery, Rebekah, Smitha, Amy and Jacob are excellent guides through the program, helping students develop an individual take on the practice and laying the groundwork for superbly tuned in teachers-to-be. – Katie
Upon good200‘s completion, you’ll be certified to assist goodyoga’s innovative, experienced teachers and teach classes of your own on a donation basis to our community. You’ll be qualified to teach anywhere in the world and sub for goodyoga’s teachers on occasion. You’ll also be eligible to participate in goodyoga’s apprenticeship program, designed to both focus and expand your teaching practice. Upon completion of the g300, you may be granted a permanent class at goodyoga. Unlike most studios, all of goodyoga’s teachers must have a total of 500 hours training.
The good200 program was a great exercise in going deeper into my personal practice through study of the philosophy and texts behind the asana, as well as the physical anatomy and alignmnent behind the movement. – Jessie
10 weekends inclusive of good101
March 22nd – June 1st, 2014
Saturdays 9.45a – 4p
Sundays 9.30a – 4p
$2,000 paid in full by February 28th
includes membership from date of registration through program completion
$2,750 by March 15th
$3,000 by March 22nd
$3,500 paid in 10 Weekly installments through May 30th
good200 emphasizes practical application of and further research into the topics introduced during good101.
- Establish a Mysore Practice
- Advanced Asana Postures
- The Art of Teaching
- Vinyasa Sequencing
- Introduction to Adjustments
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- The Unfortunate Business of Yoga
- Further practice of Pranayama Breathing Techniques
- Meditation Practice
Additional Commitments Include
- 2 weekday Mysore sessions, full two hour practice / observe
- 2 additional goodclasses weekly
- Daily blog post on assigned and inspired topics
- Daily response to a classmate’s blog
- Tuition includes goodashtangi membership for duration of training.
- Rooms are available at goodyoga for those joining from out of town.
- Tuition does not include books. Please order your books using the goodbooks button at right.
- Absences may be made up in future trainings